Saturday, May 7, 2011

Affirmations of a Mother, Student and Past Instructor of Wendigo Lake

Over the past five weeks, I received three separate unsolicited emails/notes. One is from the mother of a student who graduated from Wendigo Lake a while ago, another from a student who graduated from Wendigo Lake several years ago, and a third from a past employee of Wendigo Lake who hopes to return when personal circumstances permit. Their words epitomize the professional and therapeutic environment we seek to create every day for staff and students alike.

Their affirmations of Wendigo Lake are more eloquent than anything I could write, and so they will speak for themselves (I have inserted program clarifications in brackets.):

“This program (Wendigo Lake) saved his life. I cannot stress how great this program was for him – it gave him his life back – his self-esteem, belief in himself and his morals are strong once again. It put him back on the right path again – I am very grateful to the wonderful staff and to him for buying into it and working hard – Thank you.”
Tracey S. May 5th , 2011 written note

“I am extremely grateful for the time and dedication from the Osprey (REACH) team through my stay at Project DARE (Wendigo Lake). I have grown into a responsible, respectful and productive member of society. I owe a great thanks to dare (Wendigo Lake) for believing in me through even the toughest times.”
Chris S. – April 1st , 2011 note via website

It is the constant change and surprise of Wendigo Lake that makes me love the job. As someone who has been shaped a great deal by my intern/work experiences at Wendigo Lake, I wish for nothing more than to be able to work there in a therapist position one day. As I tell everyone I meet this is my dream job, and then carry on about how wonderful the program is. People often tell me that I glow when speaking of your program….I believe that Wendigo Lake will remain my dream job….I know for certain that the professional benefits at Wendigo Lake far out weight most every job out there, and the reputation of Wendigo Lake has already helped me to get a number of jobs…”
Nicole L. – May 4th, 2011 email (edited for length and personal content)

These words from a mother, a student, and one of our past Instructors, capture the reasons why Wendigo Lake and its REACH and Project DARE programs are so well respected by those who have had the privilege to be part of this professional and therapeutic community over the past forty years. These words are also why we work so hard at continuous improvement, seeking to be just a little bit better with every passing year - because we owe our staff and students nothing less.

- written by Stephen Glass - CEO

No comments:

Post a Comment